Guidelines for creating announcement slides
- Compose in landscape (widescreen) orientation, 1920×1080 resolution.
- Lettering and graphics should not be placed close to the edge of the layout.
- Larger point sizes (minimum of 40) and “simple” fonts will be easier to read. Adding a dropshadow will improve readability on screen.
- Graphics can be created, in PowerPoint using these settings:
- File>Options>Save (check “embed fonts in the file” and “embed all characters”)
- File>Options>Advanced>Image size and quality
- Check “do not compress images in file”
- Default target output should be set to 96
- Design>Slide Size>Customize slide size (slides sized for Widescreen, enter width 20” and height 11.25”)
- Enable Text Shadow (next to Underline symbol in Home>Font).
- When saving the file, save as .jpg, and the resulting slide(s) will be 1920×1080 using these settings.
Ready to upload content, click here.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org